Thursday, May 28, 2015

Swapping Places



“It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers.”
Patrick Rothfuss,
The Wise Man's Fear



Me questions ?
Why I'm not like them ?
Why I'm not like you ?
If I was you 
So easily amused 
What's stopping me to?

Only if fate 
Ohh if it was
so easy to catch 
switched or rematched
I'd swap places 
and faces with you

But, soon I realize
It's all in my head 
Just a fantasy 
a mere pretend. 


“There are only two worlds - your world, which is the real world, and other worlds, the fantasy. Worlds like this are worlds of the human imagination: their reality, or lack of reality, is not important. What is important is that they are there. these worlds provide an alternative. Provide an escape. Provide a threat. Provide a dream, and power; provide refuge, and pain. They give your world meaning. They do not exist; and thus they are all that matters. ”
Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic 
  



9 comments:

  1. This set me thinking if one were allowed the facility to swap places and faces,would he/she be content with just one swapping or ask for innumerable chances to keep swapping.
    An imaginative poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always something more we look for

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolute truth, our dreamworld is reality for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how true! thought provoking jyoti

    ReplyDelete
  5. सच की अनुभूति सी होती है पढने के बाद ... सुन्दर रचना ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Write whatever may come to your mind..
I'm here with my fingers on keyboard waiting to reply :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...